UI/UX Designer in Viana do Castelo
We’re looking for an experienced design leader to grow our design team in Viana do Castelo, Portugal, while also continuing to be an individual contributor. Together we’ll build both great products and a great team.
As Designer, you’ll provide mentorship and support to the other designers in your studio with one-on-ones and reviews. You'll also be working to grow the design team, our design reputation in Viana do Castelo, attracting great projects, and working inbound opportunities. You’ll work together with the Development Director to manage the business and success of the studio.
Well-qualified candidates will have experience with consulting, and have a proven track record of attracting potential customers.
PICUS designers are fully capable of creating great visual design as well as doing great product design and user experience, and then implementing their designs. As Senior Design you should be very experienced in at least one of these areas.
- Passion for creating amazing experiences
- Problem solver and pixel-perfect oriented
- Knowledge of Sketch, InVision and Zeplin
- Ability to create Wireframes, interactive prototypes and interface guidelines
- Ability to deliver quality work on tight schedules and high pressure situations
- Good communication skills. You will communicate daily with other Designers, Developers and Clients
- Good understanding of English (written and spoken)
- Online portfolio that demonstrates your skills and showcases your best work
It would be awesome if you also have...
- Ability to define and explain the animations / interactions - using Principle, After Effects or other
- Ability to work in collaboration with development teams
- Experience designing for multiple platforms and devices
We work with companies of all stages to help identify and solve problems. At PICUS, you’ll be involved in every step of the process. You’ll lead and participate in product design sprints, create high-quality apps, and then deploy them. We use the latest technologies and are always ready to try new methods on both internal and client projects. Read more about how we work in our Playbook.
We believe there is always a better way to do our work, and we want to find it and share it with as many people as possible. We maintain an inclusive environment where we can thrive professionally, as well as have full lives outside of work. Read more about our Purpose and Values.
Our goal is to provide ourselves with the best possible benefits, tools to use, and environments to work in while staying sustainable. We've shared the full details of all our benefits here.
We consult for clients four days/week. On Fridays, we work to make ourselves, the company, and our community better by learning new tools and techniques, working on open source, blogging, creating new products, volunteering our time, and more.
We work a sustainable pace of 40 hours/week. We have five weeks of vacation time per year, in addition to company holidays and sick days. For new parents, we also have at least 6 weeks paid leave in all locations, as well as the ability to take at least 6 months off.
We pay 50% of expenses when you speak at conferences. We also discuss of all expenses for job-related training to increment our team knowledge.
We provide competitive medical, dental, vision and life insurance protocolo with one of the best insurance companies in Portugal.